- Vertical scaling: Throw more power at the problem (faster processors, more cores, more RAM)
- Horizontal scaling: Distributed solution.
- Caching: Session states need to be stored on an external database or an external
persisten cache, like Redis.
- Load balancing: How many load balancers do we need and where should they be positioned
in the topoogy?
- Database replication: How are preparing for system failure?
- Database partitioning: Can we shunt requests to different branches?
- Master-Slave replication: Read from slaves, write to master.